Thursday, February 28, 2008

Dr. Leon Tucker Gives Third Talk On Revelations

1925

The third of a series of sermons on the book of Revelations was delivered by Dr. Leon Tucker at the First Evangelical church last night.

"The book of Revelation is an uplifted veil," Dr. Tucker said. "It deals with things that are to come. It is the completion of every other book in the Bible, or in other words the book of consummation. God gave it to Christ, Christ gave it to an angel, an angel gave it to John, and John gave it to his servants. Some people believe the book of Revelation to be folklore or a fable, but I know that John did not borrow it from the heathen."

"I know that salvation by regeneration is the only restorative and only remedy under heaven," he continued. "I don't spend my time in reforms. I am too busy telling men of a new life in Christ."

Tomorrow night Dr. Tucker's subject will be, "The Four Horsemen the Apocalypse."

—Olean Times, Olean, NY, April 2, 1925, p. 3.

Note: The article puts the 's' on Revelation. I took it out of Dr. Tucker's quote, since he was probably smart enough not actually to have added it.

No comments: